The Disneyland Resort includes:
· Disney's California Adventure, a theme park that celebrates the history and culture of the
· Disneyland Hotel, the original hotel built by Jack Wrather which opened in 1955 and was acquired by Disney in 1988.
· Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, based on the craftsman style of architecture of the early 1900s.
· Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, a hotel themed after the section of Disney's California Adventure it overlooks.
· Downtown Disney, an outdoor retail, dining and entertainment district located between the entrance promenade of the Disneyland Resort theme parks and the Disneyland Hotel.